Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Hello MTBS3D Readers!

Well that was a surprise! Since this blog had been dormant for a few months, I was planning on proving to myself that I could post relatively regularly before I did anything to try and spread the word about this blog, but little did I suspect that the draft article I'd written in January which I recently published would bring some readers this way due to it mentioning MTBS3D and its Game Grades. Certainly I wasn't courting controversy.

Yes, GameGrades regularly being inaccurate was part of what inspired me to start this blog, but the idea behind this blog isn't to be an alternative to the work people are doing over at MTBS3D. Instead its just meant to be my own personal reactions to games in 3D. We all have different eyes, and mine are very different due to a few medical issues, and different things bother different people which I know all too well. That's why I don't personally like the idea of trying to assign a point value to various visual issues, when that issue might have a bigger impact in one game than another, and on one person to another.

There's no lack of understanding on my part that all GameGrades needs really is a bigger group of graders to give them a wider net covering more games with more people. Their goal is admirable and something I hope they can achieve, and I wasn't intending to upset anyone by pointing out that currently inaccuracies abound. Games aren't cheap, and nor are 3D displays and with a number of different 3D solutions to cover on a number of different pieces of hardware... well its no surprise that there aren't enough people grading yet to reach the levels of accuracy I'm sure they want to. I hope they continue what they are doing, and I hope they get there sooner rather than later, as I also hope that 3D gaming continues to increase in popularity until it reaches mainstream levels.

That said, it also doesn't change that what I personally wanted to find online was something less scientific and more blog like. No ill will was intended, and I hope there'll be no hard feelings over me not wanting to grade 3D games and solutions, but preferring instead to just write out my own impressions.

Will I stay interested enough in this blog for it to get off the ground? Who knows. At this point I'd expect MTBS3D to be around much longer than this little corner of the internet... but for now I'm going to try to keep posting things and hopefully some people will find those posts useful.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Plagiarize,

    No hard feelings on our end either. Can you PM me at MTBS? I have an opportunity for you.

    You can also contact me via the customer service email in the About section of MTBS. Unfortunately, there is no PM functionality on your site.

    Regards,
    Neil

    ReplyDelete